DIY Turmeric Face Mask to Soothe Eczema
Turmeric is such a wonderful natural remedy that is not only used for spices, but also as a medicinal herb. People have been using it in India for centuries for anti-inflammation, as an antioxidant and to slow down ageing. It is no wonder that turmeric can be really helpful against eczema as it helps with healing, inflammation and soothes the hurtful skin.
Try out this simple home-made face mask (or wherever you have eczema) to quickly soothe your skin:
You will need the following:
- 2 tsp thick plain yoghurt
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Small bowl with spoon
This is how to make the mask:
- Put the 2 tsp of plain yoghurt into your bowl.
- Add the 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder. Be careful not to put too much as turmeric if used too much can color your skin.
- Mix the the yoghurt and turmeric until it becomes yellow and even.
- Apply the mixture to your face or the part of your skin where you have eczema. It’s important to avoid the area of your eye.
- Leave the mask on for 20 minutes, then wash it off with cold or hand-wardm water.
- Add some moisturizing cream after your skin is dry.
You can use this mask about 3 times a week.